General information on the position
- Place of work: Tokyo
- Working time: 20 hours per week (5 days per week, 4 hours per day, exact schedule to be discussed)
- Beginning of employment: As soon as possible
- Salary: as per ICRC salary scale and depending on experience and confirmed skills
- One year contract (renewal up to 5 years), then open-ended contract
- Performs all tasks related to accounting and some cash management.
- Responsible for Information Management (IM).
- Handles the logistics.
- Supports the Head of Mission.
Experience and skills
- Accounting diploma degree and five years of relevant professional experience.
- Native in Japanese. Excellent written and oral English.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work autonomously and to support teamwork.
- Rigor, organization and ability to handle confidential information.
- Good analytical skills, strong interpersonal communication, and ability to work under pressure.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Actively contributions to or ensures implemention of information management projects/programs.
- Organizes regular training or information sessions on information management for Tokyo’s staff.
- Acts as access manager.
- Receives, records and sends ICRC Tokyo’s official external documents.
- Carries out secretarial tasks (filling, photocopying, mailing, correspondence with Geneva, ordering supplies, etc.).
Finance & Accounting
- Manages the petty cash and does the daily cash control.
- Manages the expenses reimbursements and confirms claim documents.
- Does monthly closing (data entry, bank and cash reconciliations, prepares vouchers with all relative documents).
- Prepares replies to comments of internal auditors.
- Supervises requisition-order and selection table, prepares purchase-order.
- Supervises outgoing and incoming shipment/freight.
- Prepares document for custom clearance.
- Supports Logistic system users.
Support to the Head of Mission (HoM)
- Manages appointments and organizes meetings of HoM.
- Takes the minutes of internal meetings.
- Writes formal and informal correspondence in English for the signature of the HoM and translates HoM’s external correspondence from Japanese into English.
- Receives visitors.
In certain circumstances, all ICRC employees may have to perform tasks other than those described in their job descriptions.
How to apply
Please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 June 2017.
- CV (Japanese, English)
- Motivation letter (A4, English & Japanese)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation, whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect and assist victims of armed conflicts and other situations violence. The ICRC Tokyo Mission mainly cooperates with the Japanese Red Cross Society, Japanese Government, and civil society to promote humanitarian law, principles and issues in Japan.