The ICRC Mission in Tokyo seeks to fill the following position:
Finance & Administration Manager, 100%
The Finance & Administration (F&A) Manager is accountable for the integrity of the financial and analytical accounting, as well as for reporting in the field. S-he oversees all financial resources, and administrative aspects of the country organization, as well as for Human Resources, Information Management, Information Technology, and Logistics, with the support of regional specialized resources. S-he is the financial and economic advisor to the department heads, providing essential management support to the entire structure and economical information. As the Human Resources Responsible, s-he plays a vital role in running the office in an efficient manner, contributing to the smooth implementation of ICRC’s humanitarian operations.
S-he must ensure that the financial control and compliance mechanisms are in place for the organisation, and collaborate with other F&A Managers of the region in order to preserve the ICRC interests.
The Finance & Administration Manager reports directly to the Head of Mission. Functionally, he-she reports to the Finance & Administration Desk in our Headquarters in Geneva, the Regional HR Manager, and coordinates with the Regional Information Management Advisor, Head of ICT for Asia-Pacific region and the Regional Logistic Coordinator.
- Leads his-her department, manage directly an Administrative Assistant and ensure conducive working environment in the office; supervises several support services : Financial controlling & Accounting, Human Resources, Facility Management (Travel and Real Estate), Information Management & Technology and Safety & Security Management;
- Coordinates and establishes the yearly budget on the basis of the delegation’s yearly planning, and ensures high quality of financial reporting
- Ensures proper financial management and strict compliance with ICRC policies and procedures; Liaises and regularly reports to his-her technical line management based in the Region
- Provides efficient, adequate support/response and in anticipation to the operational requirements of the Delegation and ensures the efficient use of resources; Assumes responsibility for complex files
- Acts as an expert for the Management team for questions related to Human Resources, Economy, Finance & Administration, as well as for other field actors. Maintains high level of external contacts related to his work in full autonomy. Takes initiatives and leads specific projects in the field of Human Resources
Selection requirements and experience
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in human resources and/or business & administration
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in a similar function
- International experience, preferably in humanitarian or aid sector, an asset
- Fluent in written and spoken English and native Japanese written and spoken
- Fully conversant with IT tools, including for his field of expertise
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work, with capacity to engage, persuade and influence others
- Enjoying personal credibility and irreproachable/exemplary conduct track records. High ethical values
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain partnerships at all levels of the delegation, both with staff and managers
- Proven Management and leadership skills
- Robust analytical and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous and accountable manner
- Excellent sense of negotiation
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a unique humanitarian Institution and international environment and also:
- Initial training and on-boarding organised
- Possibilities of participating in a transformation working environment and to share best practice and experiences with other colleagues of your field of expertise within the region and globally
- A competitive salary with benefits
Starting date: September 2017
The leaflet downloadable from the link below details the profiles we are looking for and the challenges and benefits of being an HR manager or finance & administration manager.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English and in Japanese, as well as salary expectations, by email only to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 11 August 2017
(Only short-listed candidates will be contacted)