We are recruiting candidates for the HR Manager Talent Pool.
The ICRC is currently looking for experienced and skilled HR Managers to be deployed in the field to support the teams delivering humanitarian aid & services to beneficiaries in our field delegations. You will deliver consistent high-quality HR services in a Delegation, in order to enable line managers and employees to adequately respond to operational challenges in the field. You will ensure the proper implementation of the HR division’s strategy, objectives and policies on top of overseeing all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes on site. In parallel, you will provide the appropriate level of up-stream communication with Regions and Services at the Headquarters on HR related matters.
As a HR Manager, you will promote organizational values and enable field operations with success through human resources management, including job design, recruitment, performance management, training & development, employment cycle changes, talent management, ongoing HR projects etc.
Candidates who pass ICRC’s assessments will be part of the ready-to-hire pool to fill the HR manager position. This role implies direct supervision of providers of HR Services within sites attached to the Delegation.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall HR Division/Organization strategy
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics, and procedures across the Delegation and the Region with the HR Partner support (based at the HQ in Geneva)
- Responsible for the establishment and development of the HR management framework of the Delegation in compliance with ICRC policies and legal obligations (in collaboration with Centre of Expertise at the HQ)
- Elaborate adequate application of local HR processes, policies, and procedures within the Delegation
- Advise on the HR legal framework for consultancy contracts
- Responsible to set-up, adjust and update all aspects of the HR Organisational structure in the country/ies covered
- Supervise & monitor all Sourcing and Talent Acquisition, On-and Off-boarding activities in the country/ies covered
- Supervise and promote Career, Talent Management and Learning and Development activities ensuring coherence, consistency and respect of institutional policies
- Oversee and manage the performance appraisal process; assist and guide colleagues within the Internal Assignment Planning procedure and process
- Have the overall responsibility for all aspects related to Employee Relations: bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Support current and future operational needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
Support to Line Managers
- Advise and guide Line Managers in the execution of their people management responsibilities.
- Act as an Ambassador of Change towards Managers in the implementation of the ongoing global HR Transformation
- Engage with Managers and Top Management to successfully influence them on key change initiatives
Supervision of other HR Service Providers
- Supervise, guide and coach HR Teams in the execution of daily HR activities and provides training plans, up-skilling initiatives and advice in accordance with ICRC global norms and standards.
- Implement ad-hoc HR projects and initiatives upon request from HR Operations Division at the HQ
- Propose such ad hoc projects on HR related matters to the delegation and HR Operations Division at the HQ in accordance to needs and priorities
- Proven working experience of minimum 5 years as HR Manager or HR Executive or HR Generalist or HR Business Partner
- University diploma in HR – with a minimum of a Bachelor degree, Master will be preferred
- Preferably experience/exposure in the humanitarian, development, cooperation, volunteering sector;
- Experience in the management of complex and diverse teams (mid to large size) with demonstrated track record in driving transformation and implementing change in complex and challenging situations
- Significant previous experience working in an international environment (in an unstable environment would be a strong asset) and/or an international organization, successfully operating in a matrix organization
- Very good command of English
- Fully conversant with IT tools
What we offer
- An opportunity to practice your profession in a fast-paced humanitarian and multicultural environment
- A unique opportunity to contribute and shape a major HR Transformation
- Integration program
- Competitive rewards & benefits, including access to further in-house and/or external training
- Generous social benefits including pension plan, medical cover etc.
- Minimum length of assignment: 18 months (6 months in some cases)
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their CV to Angelita Bombarda (Ms), ICRC’s HR Marketing Officer for Southeast Asia and the Pacific: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions or require further information about any job openings, please feel free to contact her.